Monday, February 11, 2008

Stuff I did today...

It was a good day. I was busy. Don't you hate it though, when you're out to find something specific at Target (like really cute red valentine plates, on sale) and they are sold out? Then you go to another Target, and another...finally, Victory was mine! Found my plates, 3 targets later at 7:30pm...the preschooler was asleep in my cart (we were on a date).

Anyhow, my day started like this...the Toddler found his yellow rubber ducky boots, or "Booooo" as he calls them. He walks so funny in them...he just kept pointing at them saying "boooo". So cute!






Then, from Beckie's tip, I made my own foaming hand soap!It's a snap. 1 part regular handsoap to 6 parts water. (example, 1/2 cup soap to 3 cups water). I made mine in a liter plastic bottle, filled up my empty pump, and saved the rest for a refill. As beckie says, it's highway robbery that soap companies literally dilute the product ans charge you double! At least one good thing came from my multiple target stops.



And, last but not least...My new treads. Now, prepare yourself...I went running. Shocking, I know. I have not run, regularly, for about 14 years. I used to run a 6:15 mile back in the day...those days are loooong gone. I started this program called Couch to 5K.(it should be called, Laundry Room to 5K in my case). 9 weeks from now, I'll be running 5K! I bought myself a good pair of shoes, an even better sports bra (a necessity), and hit the road. I actually enjoyed myself. I think it's a great program to wean you slowly onto running, so, in my case, you don't kill yourself.


Throw in some laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, and I'll call it a day.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Love those yellow boots! We had similiar pair, and I have the cutest picture of ben with only the boots on.....of course I can't post it online.....

Don't ya just love productive days!!

I just started week four of Couch to 5K, which in my case should be computer chair to 5k. Are you signed up for a 5k yet? There is the Rose City Classic on April 6, I think I am doing it. Want to join me? It will be my second because I am doing the Shamrock run also. I have started day dreaming (while I run) about someday being out for a run in my cute LITTLE running shorts and tank top, just because I like to run. That daydream gets me through.
Great job on starting the program!

Annette said...

that WAS a great day!!! those days totally stoke me... then i'm back in the laundry room for another 4 or 5 : )... gotta love the Boooos, but girl, THREE targets??? (i'd quit after the first) you are dedicated to the holiday. : )

Julie D. said...

i have to agree, 3 targets, is pretty darn good!

way to go on the running. wow 6:15 mile?! thats pretty darn fast. I'm not racing you to the finish line.

do the shamrock!!! trish and I will be there. and ashley, and my friend corrie. ...PARTY!

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing the CP to 5K!! You rock!
And, omg, those boots! So cute

Denise Crawford said...

Again I say... CUTEST GRANDKIDS! How adorable is Jack???? Now teach him to say "Grammy" already!

Love,
mom
8-}

Shannon said...

Hey, that doesn't look like a cloth diaper in that picture! (ha ha!) But I did hear you got at least one convert!

Erica said...

I'm proud of you for doing the couch to 5k! It IS a great program and I'm in the middle of week 8. Now, it's tough, but if I can do it, anyone can!!! I'm doing the Shamrock too. I can't wait! Let me know if you're doing any runs....can I tag along??? =) You go girl!