Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Hayden!

Dear Hayden,

I know I say this every year, but I can't believe you are 4 years old already. It seems like just last week that you came into our life. From the start you were such a sweet boy. You were such an easy baby, you fit right in to our life seamlessly. You were happy to be anywhere. You slept great, were always happy. The news that you were coming even came at the perfect time...Grammy was battling cancer, and we all really needed some hope and something to be joyful about...and ever since you've brough so much love and joy to our lives.

You are always full of smiles and silliness...you have a wonderful sense of humor and love to tease. Your preschool teacher told me that at the end of the year, this year, that your sense of humor was great for a preschooler! You are always cracking us up! You are always laughing and play well with other kids.

I love that you want to snuggle with me before bed, EVERY night. I know that before long, you won't want that, so I savor it now.

You are a learner. You take in a ton of information, and I can watch your face and see that your thinking hard about what you're hearing. I think you're alot like your Daddy, like that. You observe before you jump into things...you are careful and look out for others.

You are so full of love and are loved by many friends...we saw that today, with all of our wonderful friends and buddies who came to celebrate how special you are to us today.

My prayer is that you will grow into a boy and man, who keeps those same qualities that make you special. I know others will appreciate your sense of humor. I pray that your learning attitude and cautious observation will develop into good judgement and wise decisions. I hope that you always are comfortable being affectionate with us and others. All of these things make you so special to me.

We had a fun day today...started out with your first swimming lessons with your buddy Sam. You were mostly serious, and I could see that you were taking it all in. You did great and had so much fun jumping into the water with your teacher.

Then, we had the big party! We celebrated in "Camping" style...with a tent, campfire and all! We roasted s'mores and you played with your buddies in the backyard. You even got your Big Wheel that you have been wanting! You are so brave and fast on that thing, you surprise me! You and your cousin Sterling have so much fun playing together...Even when it's been awile since you've seen eachother, you always pick up right where you left off...laughing together and having a great time!

We love you so much, and are so thankful to the Lord for blessing us with such a special boy.

Love, Mommy and Daddy


































10 comments:

meleea said...

what a great tribute to your wonderful boy!! that dessert looks awesome - i want it for my birthday. happy birthday hayden!

The Pace Posse said...

Happy Birthday Hayden!
What a touching blog for him!

Trish said...

ahhh, happy birthday hayden!!

we love you and can hardly believe that you are four already.

have lots of fun with that big wheel.

and Eryn that campfire cake is awesome!

Denise Crawford said...

Hayden - you are one of the great loves of my life! You have brought so much joy to me, and I could not love you more!!! You and I have had something very special right from the start - I love our little talks, our "spin da nights", the way you love just hanging out with us. God must love us ALOT to give us such a wonderful boy and He gave you to us at exactly the right time. I can't believe you are 4 years old already! I know He has great things in store for you, but PLEASE!! Don't grow up too fast, okay? Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Love,
Grammy

PS...Eryn, I couldn't ask for a better Mommy (and Daddy) for my grandsons - It's an incredible joy to watch you parent with Godly perspectives and pour into their little lives with such love. PLUS - you share them so well with their Grammy and Grandpa!! We are blessed...

Lee Ann said...

Oh Eryn, he'll cherish that someday. What a sweet little boy!

Meredith said...

We love you Hayden and love the sparkle in your eye when you see Ella. You are such a good friend to her. Thank you for your sweetness buddy! Happy Birthday!!!

Julie D. said...

happy birthday, Hayden! what a fun birthday.

Tamara said...

What kind of 4 year old boy gets a cake like that - that looks amazingly gourmet and way too pretty to eat - you are an awesome mommy and Hayden is just a very blessed boy to be part of your family.

Dee said...

I want a campfire cake on my birthday! Hehehehe. I don't remember to many gifts as a kid but I do remember the Big Wheel! Fun, big boy gift!

Mara said...

What a sweet boy you have! I love the campfire cake....you are so creative!