Wednesday, June 4, 2008

He still needs a mommy

The preschooler has been working on his getting dressed skills, and although his taste and mine differ greatly on what makes a suitable outfit, I am loving that he will get dressed on his own (see photo in my banner above!). I was complimenting him on his awesome skills "getting his dressed on" (as he calls it). I said what a big boy he was becoming, and he said, "Yah, but I still need a mommy." I said I was glad, and he said, "For a little while"-as in, don't get too attached to the idea lady. Stinkin' big boy, that one.


My littlest man, on the other hand is mama's boy. He wants to touch me all the time. He's had a nasty diaper rash the past few days (I think from Orange Juice)...seriously, blisters, peeling skin...yuck. Diaper changes have become a 2 man job, and my job is to be super close to his face. He is so comforted by my cheek touching his. He just puts is little weepy face next to mine and squeezes my neck. In the morning when he wakes up and we're snuggling in bed, he literally lays on me and rubs his chunky cheeks against mine. Sweet, but slightly annoying at 7am :). I do love that he loves me.

5 comments:

Julie D. said...

that is so funny about your big boy. Oh how awful for the 'littlest'...and for mom and dad! how sweet about the cheek thing though!

~*Spindelicious Handspun*~ said...

Awww that's really sweet. And I love hearing how sassy Hayden is.

Lee Ann said...

OH I take every snuggle moment I can. I love them and sadly they won't last very long :-(

meleea said...

enjoy this season - even with the exhaustion that comes from it. it will be gone before you know it - although the love and hugs still continue - you just have to hunt them down for it!

the kicker is... said...

preschooler = stinkin' hilarious!